Thursday, September 4, 2008

why isn't life the West Wing?

Last night was disappointing. Not that I ever had much interest or faith in Sarah Palin. But she really exemplifies ALL of things I tend to dislike about the Republican party. I like thinking of myself as a moderate liberal, I like maintaining the personal illusion that I might be a swing voter. With McCain of 2000, there would have been a contest for my vote (of course, I was 15, so it didn't matter so much). But McCain 2008 has moved farther and farther away from being my candidate.

And last night Palin and Guiliani put the nail in that coffin. Really? 'drill, baby, drill'? are you INSANE? and you actually don't believe in global warming? or sex education? Oy, that convention is making my back hurt.

gaaaaaah, I'm voting for Vinick. or Santos. Obama will do I suppose.

No comments: