Sunday, August 17, 2008

You've seen the sign that says George Washington once slept here; well though nobody spied him, guess who was beside him?

As evidenced by the title of this post, I really need to stop listening to Damn Yankees so much.

So I've decided to accept a job teaching Hebrew school on Sunday mornings. I was originally reluctant to jump back into teaching, but I figured I'd send out my resume and see if I got any bites. The job is for 2nd grade at a small synagogue, and it really feels like the perfect match for me -- well-designed curriculum, seemingly supportive staff, etc etc. I've never attended/worked at/dealt with a small synagogue before, but I think it'll be a nice experience, especially because I don't really feel like Beth Or is my home anymore. 

Obviously, taking the job will cut down on my ability to travel to NY and DC, etc, but realistically, I can always take a day or two off of work or just go to either of the above after work on Sundays. Also, as much as I'm loving the job at the museum, it's not challenging in the same way that teaching is, and I don't do well when I'm not busy and challenged. 

Anyway, decision made, yay! Tomorrow, playtime with my dearest Matt. 

No comments: